Thank you for your interest in Travelink, American Express Travel! We are committed to providing an extraordinary experience for all our clients. We promote a professional and fulfilling, collegial team work environment for all of our team members. We're different from the rest: We are dedicated and take action to always go the extra mile for our customers. Everything we do is focused on the objective of exceeding our customers' expectations. If you have a passion for superior customer service, we want to hear from you!
This position is the initial point of contact for all technical support via ticketing system, email, live chat or phone. The ideal candidate will be an Experienced Tier 1 support technician and ready to advance to Tier 2 responsibilities quickly. Position will report to Director of Information Technology (IT).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support for hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
- Assists with basic desktop support, may be required to remote into user’s computer.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
- Offers alternative solutions where appropriate and documents the procedures necessary.
- Escalates complex problems to the appropriate Tier 2 support.
- Handles user problems in person, over the phone or using remote access.
- Will perform basic troubleshooting using provided tools.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems independently.
- Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Attends team meetings and communicates issues that arise appropriately.
- Will work autonomously to complete tasks and remedy support issues
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of IT.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in person and remotely.
- Demonstrated experience handling critical issues over the phone.
- Flexible demeanor with an excellent work ethic.
- Must be detail oriented and able to perform functions accurately.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including written, verbal and telephone skills.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisors appropriately.
- Ability to work well in a very Dynamic Team environment.
- Knowledge of MS Server OS, MS Office Suite, Active Directory, Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Servers, Layer 3 switches, PC Hardware, Desktop Settings, Cloud based phone system.
- An Associate Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Five years of applicable desktop and/or technical experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the below submission form.