Thank you for your interest in Travelink, American Express Travel! We are committed to providing a SUPERIOR, FIRST CLASS experience for all our clients. We promote a professional and fulfilling, collegial team work environment for all of our team members. We're different from the rest: We are dedicated and take action to always go the extra mile for our customers. Everything we do is focused on the objective of exceeding our customers' expectations. If you have a passion for superior customer service, we want to hear from you!
The Business Travel Advisor will have 5+ years experience as travel advisor, be self-motivated, articulate, with strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record as a team player with the highest degree of professionalism.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years travel industry experience; international experience preferred.
- 3+ years servicing corporate customers with emphasis on booking practices and theory either in a travel office or call center; experience with one or more GDS systems (Sabre preferred), ability to read, define and apply fare rules, taxes, and hub utilization.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Verify rates for best fares, corporate and preferred rates, and appropriate documentation.
- Able to work well in a structured team environment.
- Capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and handle high volume effectively.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Flexibility to work late hours and weekends.
- Promote and maintain excellent client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response with positive telephone, email, and service techniques.
- Provide air (domestic & international), hotel, car and other travel-related reservations for multiple accounts as an advisor at one of our office locations or as a virtual (home-based) advisor.
- Proactively recommend to clients efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking class, exchange rates and travel products/services.
- Use computerized reservation system (Sabre) and other computer applications.
- Serve as general travel resource for multiple corporate clients.
- Research client problems and resolve issues.
- Accomplish duties within airline and ARC rules and standards.
- Perform other job duties/responsibilities as required.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of the corporate travel business
- Ability to act as a self-starter and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work as a proactive, resourceful, cooperative and respectful team member
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to take on new tasks and multi-task
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with a high level of stress
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the below submission form.