Thank you for your interest in Travelink, American Express Travel! We are committed to providing a SUPERIOR, FIRST CLASS experience for all our clients. We promote a professional and fulfilling, collegial team work environment for all of our team members. We're different from the rest: We are dedicated and take action to always go the extra mile for our customers. Everything we do is focused on the objective of exceeding our customers' expectations. If you have a passion for superior customer service, we want to hear from you!
Travelink, American Express Travel is looking for a qualified Director of Business Travel Client Experience to join our team and report to our Senior Director of Client Experience. The ideal candidate will lead a team of remotely working business travel advisors for our BTS division with sales $180+ million annually. Headquartered in the amazing city of Nashville, TN, local candidates are preferred, but we will consider qualified candidates from other areas. Relocation is not available for this position.
If you've got these areas covered, we'd love to hear from you:
- TRAVEL INDUSTRY: Have a passion for the travel and hospitality industry with twelve or more years of leadership in business travel operations demonstrating strength in Sabre tools, Microsoft Office365, and call center operational software
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Consistently works toward client retention, satisfaction, and business growth as the conduit between your business travel advisors and sales/account management team
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: You’ll lead and build teams of business travel advisors who work virtual in-home offices around the country with at least six direct managers who each lead teams of up to 10 people as we continue planning our growth in Business Travel Services (BTS)
- ORGANIZED & DETAILED: A key success factor in this role is the ability to stay organized and not lose sight of any details while properly delegating to your team and communicating with the Vice President of Operations and President of Global Business Travel
- THE ANSWER IS YES, NOW THE QUESTION IS HOW: This statement is a key phrase to live by in providing exceptional service to our clients as we are committed to finding the “yes” and creatively answering the question internally of “how” while leading with empathy and being creative within policy
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; however, relevant experience will be considered and experience leading teams within the corporate travel industry is required
- Expertise in Sabre, Microsoft Office, ACD systems & call center operations, email, and general computer operations is required and as the tools of the trade evolve, you must be ready to lead a team into new technologies, which is a challenge, especially in a fast-paced business travel environment
- Take initiative and provide creative ideas to improve and enhance service delivery for your clients and creates efficiencies for your travel advisors
- Your most important asset is the ability to mediate and recognize that our people are what our business is made of and it is our people that are of the most value in our services. You will support the concerns of your internal team members as well as relay team solutions back to the client management/sales teams
- Build your ideal business travel teams through interviews, staffing recommendations, organizational/team recommendations, monitoring travel advisor success, and recommended training
- You will be the lead operations role in charge of day-to-day operations so your oversight will include analyzing trends and making suggestions for process and policy improvements, ensuring policies are adhered to, escalating to leadership, and regularly reviewing internal metrics for success
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the below submission form.