Job Summary: Our air desk specialists/travel advisors in the Vacation Travel Services division of Travelink need to possess excellent customer service and sales skills, decisive and successful problem-solving skills, a strong knowledge of geography – domestic and international destination knowledge, and a passion for detail with special talents for understanding complex international itineraries, multiple global carriers, wholesale versus contract and published, as well as, have a level head when working with customers and colleagues. Patience, flexibility, friendly and cheerful personality are a must to be successful in this role.
In this role, you will specialize in supporting our American Express Gold Card Members and will be responsible for providing information to Card Members on travel benefits available to them, all regulatory required information, offering your professional expertise in dealing with complex international carrier bookings to customers needing travel services while generating maximum revenues through selling, cross-selling and up-selling of preferred supplier products. You will support their needs related to Membership Rewards, Pay with Points redemptions, Gold Card Destinations, and more. You'll become an American Express Gold Card program expert.
Customer Advising & Servicing Responsibilities:
- Work to establish solid working relationships with all customers, vendors, and co-workers with each interaction.
- Qualify customers, seek to understand their desires and needs, to bring value to the sales process as a consultant and deliver “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service.
- Act with a sense of urgency on all customer requests and maintain excellent client relations.
- Secure names and contact information in ClientBase for all potential customers for future marketing opportunities and customer retention.
- Establish and keep agreed upon timelines with customers for all work to be completed on their behalf and follow-up accordingly.
- Build customer rapport through your ability to carefully listen and use strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to actively listen to and understand customer concerns and overcome objections.
- Ability to retain composure and remain positive under pressure.
- Possess the sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services and that all appropriate fees are charged for services rendered.
- Negotiate international and domestic group or vendor contracts, as requested, maximizing customer value and company benefit, while minimizing risk to all parties.
- Keep complete, accurate and updated records on all client interactions to include Sabre profiles, client files, ClientBase information.
- Support and sell preferred vendors, contracts, and wholesalers as a first choice.
- Learn and communicate all relevant promotions and products that pertain to American Express cardholders.
- Help to resolve any debit memos to minimize personal and corporate impact.
- Work to keep personal queues clean throughout the day.
- Process voids, refunds, and exchanges.
- Keep appropriate sales records to support incentive plans and submit in a timely manner.
- Apprise the Sr. Vacation Travel Manager of problems, errors, or any potential issues as soon as you are aware of them.
- Report to and from work and lunches in a timely manner. Punch in and out through the online time reporter, and follow process for time off approvals and reporting.
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Keep work area organized and clean at all times.
- Complete agreed upon development and training coursework.
- Attend all office meeting and trainings to stay current on Travelink and American Express communications.
- Take appropriate actions to meet sales and performance goals as assigned.
- Safeguard company information and property at all times while operating with a high degree of integrity.
You’ll succeed at Travelink if you are:
- Committed to exceptional customer service
- Proactive in all tasks
- Operate with a sense of urgency
- Easily handle multiple tasks with limited stress
- Focused on job related tasks throughout work day
- A team player
- Good with time management, detail oriented, and have great organizational skills
- Committed to ongoing job and personal development
- In possession of a positive attitude with professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using consolidators and contracts for international air opportunities
- Knowledgeable of international airlines rules and regulations, class of service, and potential benefits
- Well-versed in international airline partnerships, frequent flyer programs, and mileage redemption
- Proficient in Sabre, Microsoft Office products, general computer operations, vendor booking tools, and ClientBase
While this position is very focused on supporting Vacation Travel customers requiring booking assistance for Air, Hotel, or Car-only itineraries, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.