Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance* is the American Express preferred provider of travel insurance. This means you are assured a proven product at a reasonable cost.
Existing medical conditions can be covered if the insurance is purchased within 14 days of the initial trip payment and other requirements are met. Several types of plans are available which are appropriate for virtually any kind of vacation coverage.
This is complete vacation protection rather than simply cancellation insurance offered by suppliers (remember, if a supplier defaults their own insurance is useless!).
*Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Plans may not be available to residents of all states. Insurance benefits are underwritten by either BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company depending on the insured’s state of residence. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of these plans.
To learn more about Allianz Travel Insurance, check out more videos...
- Air-Medical transport is to the member's hospital of choice, including home hospital.
- No "medical necessity" - Neither the attending physician nor the capability of the existing facility determines the merit of a transport.
- No healtth questions for those under the age of 75. Diamond applications are available for individuals ages 75 to 85. Applications must be approved prior to departure.
- For individuals age 85 and up, Platinum memberships are available. This program is available to AARP members only and protects the member while they travel internationally. A Platinum membership application is required and must be approved prior to departure.
- No adventure travel exclusions; No natural disaster exclusions; No terrorism exclusions.
- No dollar limits on evacuations; No deductibles; No co-pays; No claim forms.
- Domestic as well as international protection.